The Portage Community School District recognizes the unique needs of Advanced Learners. Our program provides opportunities for students who have been identified as having high academic performance capabilities. Students benefit from lessons, resources, and events which encourage their growth as learners.
Goals of the Advanced Learner Program
- To collaborate in the identification process of Advanced Learners and the development of an effective program.
- To document student progress with an Individualized Learning Plan, based on multiple sources.
- To provide flexibility in identification based on a student’s current needs.
- To assist teachers in meeting the needs of high ability students in their classroom.
- To offer opportunities for Advanced Learners to share their learning with each other.
Use the Menu above to learn more.